LATEST COVER OREGON STATUS UPDATE
With so many people starting new insurance coverage Jan. 1, it may take a little longer than usual to get everyone in the system. For your reference, we posted today the following tips for consumers about using their new insurance.
• If you have enrolled in a plan through Cover Oregon and will be paying your first premium on time: You are covered. For Cover Oregon plans, payment must be received by your insurance company by Jan. 15. Your coverage will be back-dated, or retroactive, to Jan. 1.
• If you need health care services before you make your first premium payment: You may have to pay out of pocket now and be reimbursed later. Be sure to pay your first month's premium by Jan. 15, and your coverage will be back-dated, or retroactive, to Jan. 1. Check with your insurance company for details.
• If you need health services before you receive your insurance card: Check with your insurance company. If you enrolled through Cover Oregon within the last week it is possible you may not yet be in the insurance company’s system. You can confirm your enrollment by calling 1-855-CoverOR (1-855-268-3767).
• If you need care before your policy has been added to the system: You have options. You can pay out of pocket for services or prescription drugs and be reimbursed by your new insurance company later. If you need urgent or emergency care, forward the bill to your new insurance company when you receive it. Just be sure to pay your first month's premium by Jan. 15, so that your coverage is back-dated, or retroactive, to Jan. 1.
• If you have applied for the Oregon Health Plan and don’t have your welcome packet or insurance cards yet: Everyone who has applied and is eligible for Jan. 1, 2014, Oregon Health Plan coverage will have benefits that start on Jan. 1. The Oregon Health Plan has more than 130,000 new enrollees starting on the same day. That means you may not get your member card right away. If you have not received your welcome packet and new member card yet, you are still covered for services starting Jan. 1, 2014. If you need to see a provider, call 1-800-273-0557 during normal business hours. For after-hours assistance, call 1-800-562-4620. If you need to have a prescription filled before your see your doctor, you can visit your local pharmacy and they can access your OHP record. For more information for new OHP enrollees, visit www.oregon.gov/oha/healthplan/Pages/New-to-OHP.aspx.
Welcome to La Pine Insurance Center!
We are a "one stop" agency allowing you to consolidate all your family and business insurance protection at just one location. Most importantly, we want to help you (our customers) plan for the unexpected. Our mission is to help you protect what’s important to you!
At La Pine Insurance Center, our customers come first. We strive to find you the best possible rates and take pride in providing you with good customer service!
We are a full-service Independent Insurance Agency, licensed to write insurance in Oregon, Washington and California.
Unlike many of the big national companies, our Independent Agent status allows us to offer comparative quotes from multiple top-rated insurance carriers so you can get the best insurance value. Please feel free to call our office today for your free rate quote--or request a free online quote anytime!